1. Children have never been very good at listening to their elders, but they have never failed to imitate them. – James Baldwin
2. My children are the reason I laugh, smile and want to get up every morning.- Gena Lee Nolin
3. The best way to keep children at home is to make the home atmosphere pleasant, and let the air out of the tires. – Dorothy Parker
4. A child who is allowed to be disrespectful to his parents will not have true respect for anyone. –Billy Graham
5. We never know the love of the parent till we become parents ourselves. – Henry Ward Beecher
6. I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father’s protection.- Sigmund Freud
7. If you bungle raising your children, I don’t think whatever else you do matters very much. –Jackie Kennedy
8. To bring up a child in the way he should go – travel that way yourself. – Josh Billings
9. Always kiss your children goodnight, even if they’re already asleep. –H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
10. Parenting now is a two-way relationship where you learn from each other. –Juhi Chawla
11. All of us have moments in our lives that test our courage. Taking children into a house with a white carpet is one of them. – Erma Bombeck
12. What feeling is so nice as a child’s hand in yours? So small, so soft and warm, like a kitten huddling in the shelter of your clasp. Marjorie Holmes
You may also want to read Ways to Talk to Your Child at Every Age.