For the past few days, since Ghana recorded imported cases of COVID-19, I have made mental notes of some things that matter to me that wouldn’t have featured if I was asked to list things that mattered previously; I realised I was not the only one when a post on Facebook was along the lines of this blog. Ama used the hashtag, #thingswetakeforgranted.
I am sure I will appreciate these seemingly little things more forever and like they say, everything (including misfortunes) carry lessons. Its been only 4 days and I have picked some lessons already. Here is a list of things, I have learnt to appreciate more in the past days ;
1. Hugs, handshakes and hearty laughs that push me to lean on friends and family.
2. Music from my choir at church.
3. Relaxing in the seat comfortably in a public transport.
4. Face-to-face conversations with colleagues and friends.
5. Random meet-ups for lunch and movie dates.
6. Shaking hands with parishioners while signing before communion and receiving communion physically.
7. Sanitizers, Tissue papers, Gloves.
8. Parties, Weddings and even funerals.
9. Nursery school teachers -considering how parents are complaining of tiredness on social media.
10. The power of Radio, T.V ads on issues of national/ international concern such as coronavirus.
11. The term,” Bless you” said after I sneeze.
12. The freedom to go and come as I please without answering an average of 20 well thought out questions from my parents.
13. Sitting at the lecture hall talking to friends about events on social media.
14 Attending a concert by my favourite artist.
This outbreak has taught me to learn to cherish the little things every step of the way instead of focusing on things I cannot change.
0 responses on "14 THINGS WE SHOULD APPRECIATE EVERY DAY AFTER WE ERADICATE CORONAVIRUS"