Teaching as a profession is not an easy job; it is a job with many responsibilities. You are different things to different people; you are a custodian of knowledge to your students, a beacon of discipline for parents, and a ‘capeless superhero’ to the world.
Although the profession is fraught with challenges, it also comes with certain perks and benefits that other professionals don’t get to enjoy. These are perks that encourages and gives you a sense of pride. You ultimately have the job to change someone’s life; also giving your students the opportunity to become productive members of society.
- Being a teacher allows you to share your passion with others. As a teacher, you are not only sharing knowledge but also giving the world a part of you that you are most passionate about. Therefore making an impact on the lives of others in your community.
- Teaching is also a career that helps you create enjoyable moments of understanding for your student. One of the great joys of being a teacher is that you get to see your students piecing the dots together every day with the lessons they go through.
They can experience the wonder of historical stories, test their ideas and theories in meaningful ways, or embrace the satisfaction that occurs when a difficult math problem is solved correctly.
- Furthermore, teaching allows you to make a lasting impact on the lives of others. Most people can only hope to impact others in their profession, but as a teacher, the core of your job is to impact others with knowledge on a daily basis. This makes you a ‘mini superhero’ in the eyes of your students, parents and the larger community where you teach
- Teaching also allows you to create a life long bond with your students who always credit their success to you. Everyone goes through that beautiful moment where they feel proud to have been taught by teachers who contributed to their success. It gives you an amazing feeling when you know you have contributed to someone’s success.
- There is never a dull moment when you are a teacher; every teaching experience is different and special. In other words, you experience new and fascinating things every day.
Teaching is a labour of love; it requires patience and hard work. Feel proud to be part of a noble profession today. These are only a few benefits that comes to mind let us know if there are others that you can think of in the comment section.