With several countries going under a lockdown, The United Kingdom (U.K) being the latest, more and more people will have to learn how to use video conferencing tools effectively and efficiently for continuity of work, to avoid embarrassment and productivity.
There is no dearth to the number of video conferencing tools available to people to meet their work targets or make working from home easy. However, after research over these weeks, we realized that some are easier to use, can take a larger number of people, compatible with the most basic computer/laptop, tablet or smartphone.
Based on the parameters above, we provide you with a list of suitable virtual interaction tools that will help you work conveniently while #staying at home
1) Skype: Makes it easy for users to make free video and voice calls to other users around the world. The call could be one-on-one or group from any location in the world. The app also allows users to share and receive instant messages or share files with other users on the app. All one requires to perform this function is a smartphone, a tablet or a laptop and a secure internet connection. It is free for all operative systems and very easy to download.
2) Imo is also a free instant messaging and video conferencing app designed to help users connect in any part of the world. Some unique features about IMO is that it uses less data and it is faster than other free video and instant messaging apps on the market. It also has a multimedia feature that allows users to share photos, sounds, documents and videos regardless of their location. All messages and files are synced in a cloud, thus, no need to back up old messages or documents because one can easily retrieve them from the cloud when the need arises.
3) Line: also allows users to make calls via video or voice and share multimedia files to multiple users on the platform. It can be installed on a PC, a mobile phone or a tablet for free. It only requires a secured internet connection to download, install and operate.
4) WeChat : allows users to chat and send messages up to 500 users. One unique feature about WeChat is that users can read the news and also share real-time location while using the app. The platform has a special feature that allows users to play games and share special moments of their day by posting of photos and videos.
5) Telegram: Communicating on telegram is safe because messages are encrypted and can self-destruct. Users can also share large files because there are no restrictions to the amount of file one can share. It is free and does not require any subscription fee.
Take advantage of the tools above to stay connected to your colleagues, employees, and clients while you work from home.