Christmas is almost here again and school will soon break for the period. There are several activities that teachers could create to make this festive season a memorable one for every student. It doesn’t have to be anything expensive or extravagant. In the end, it is the fun memories created that will count.
1) Gift Exchange is a great way to put students in a festive and happy mood whiles bonding with each other before school breaks for the holiday. Start by asking every student to take a number or write their name on pieces of paper, then proceed to ask each student to pick one paper representing each student. Whoever a student picks, is supposed to buy the other a gift.
2) Plan a simple class party where everyone gets to bring along to school sweets, toffees, drinks and biscuits they can share with others. For music, you could ask your students to rehearse their favourite Christmas number so that they can sing it on the day of the party.
3) In your art and craft class, you could ask them to help design Christmas decorations for the classrooms. Children love this type of activity; where they can be creative and enjoy themselves at the same time.
Teachers should keep a watchful eye on each student so there are no accidents craft instrument.
4) Organise a Christmas drama for your class where everyone will get to play a part. Although not everyone may get a part in the production, you could get others to man the production, props and costume. That way, no one feels left out or overlooked.
5) Organise a class trip to an interesting place such as the national theatre, a tour to a television station or a visit to see Santa Claus.
These are only a few suggestions, you can also add to the list in the comments session so other teachers can also create a memorable festive season for their students.