The results for students who sat for the BECE in June 2018 are out. Information regarding the BECE school placement list, 2018 can now be accessed on phone.
See below the steps to follow to check your selected school placement.
- Dial *800*25# and follow the prompts.
- You can also check your placement by sending the index number to the code 1060. Note that the index number is a ten digit figure so check before sending it off. Do not put any spaces between the numbers.
- You will receive a text with your placement results.
- Both shortcodes work on all the networks in Ghana at the moment.
- If after sending your index number to the shortcode 1060 and you do not receive a response, you can add the last two digits of the year which you sat for the BECE exam. For example, add “18” to the index number to get 180011223344 and resend to the shortcode.
Also, be mindful of con men who try to lure you to use other means which are paid for. Prospective Senior High School students should also pay attention to the news for information that concerns them.
In an instance where a student thinks there is a mistake in his or her placement, he/she can notify the Director of Education through the Head of the Junior High School attended. Do not panic.
To issue this complaint, these are the things to note:
- Attach a cover letter from the head of Junior High School, and
- A photocopy of the signed original choice forms
However, for some reasons, some BECE candidates might miss out of the placement to Senior High School. One of the reasons why this happens is because a student might have selected a school twice. This can lead to disqualification or limitation to be selected. The other reason why a student misses out on the first school placement is due to a school having several applicants. At times, a Senior High School might be selected by many students such that it does not have the capacity to accommodate all of them. Some students are cut-off especially when they perform lower than the pass mark. The other reason why a student might not be selected to join a Senior High School is that they might have performed poorly in Math or English. Some people also choose not to be selected for SHS placement due to valid reasons such as being ill, dissatisfaction or loss of a guardian or parent. If for the reasons stated above, you are not placed in any SHS, you should not worry since there is a second opening for BECE second cycle school selections. This, however, comes with a fee. Listed below are steps you should follow when applying for a second placement to SHS.
- Login to myjhsresult.net (Login to the online platform by using your index number as username and the pin code.)
- Check your placement status by clicking on the ‘Check Placement Status’ button.
- Next, you will see the self-placement link and click on it.
- Select the region you prefer
- Choose your school preference
- Choose your program of preference
- Click the submit button Print the placement notification
By following the procedures listed above, you can confirm your BECE school selection 2018. You can also apply for a second placement to the Senior High School.