With the influx of technology, children are more exposed to all sorts of information, some of which are inappropriate for them. This includes their exposure to social media, people and situations that may influence their actions and beliefs. As a result of this, parents and teachers have a responsibility to protect children from profanity.
Find below five tips to protect children from profanity.
- Watch their online interactions- The internet contains a vast amount of information across various platforms, some of which may include abuse, pornography or inappropriate language. Therefore, it is important for parents to be mindful of what their children are exposed to on the internet including sites they visit online.
- Limit their social media usage- Social media is a place where children can meet people who may potentially influence them in some form; this includes exposing them to negative information. Therefore, it is important to check the people your children connect with on social media.
- Watch what they read- You may be excited to see your children reading all the time, however, it is important to bear in mind that not all the books your children read may be good for them. Some may contain adult content, while others may contain inappropriate information. It is important to watch the books your kids read to prevent them from getting exposed to adult content or profane content.
- Teach them by example- Children learn from the adults around them, especially their parents. Essentially, it is important to acknowledge that your actions and choice or words will have an impact on the actions and choice of words of your children. So, avoid using profane language, swear words or acting in a profane manner, especially in the presence of children.
- Teach children to exercise judgement- You can only protect a child as much as you can. It is important to teach them to distinguish between right and wrong. When children are raised to make good judgement, they have a sense of what is right and wrong, hence they can identify and stay away from profanity, and by extension avoid things that are not good for them.
As little as these may seem, these are vital in helping you protect your kids from profanity. If you have some more tips about protecting children from profanity, do not hesitate to leave them in the comments below.
0 responses on "How to Protect Children from Profanity"