There is some truth in the definitions, I think. LOL
P.S: A Cynic is someone who, when he smells flowers, looks for a coffin.
- ABSTAINER: A person who yields to the temptation of denying himself a pleasure.
- ACCOUNTANCY: The closest to hell I’ve ever been.
- ADAM: The luckiest man in the world – because he had no mother – in – law.
- ADDRESSES: Items given to us to conceal our whereabouts.
- ADOLESCENCE: The period in a kid’s life when parents become difficult.
The age at which children stop asking questions because they know all the answers .
People whose job it is to turn on you.
- ADULT: One who has ceased to grow vertically but not horizontally
Kevin Goldstein- Jackson
- ADULTERY: A stimulant to men, but a sedative to women.
Malcolm de Chazal
The application of democracy to love
- ADVERTISING: Legalized lying
The cheapest way of selling goods – particularly if they’re worthless.
The art of making whole lies out of half-truths
Edgar A. Shoaff
- AGE: Something a woman conceals because a man rarely acts his.
- ALCOHOL: A very necessary article. It enables Parliament to do things at eleven at night that no
sane man would do at eleven in the morning.
George Bernard Shaw
A liquid effective for preserving everything – except secrets
- ALCOHOLISM: Not a spectator sport, because eventually the whole family gets to play.
Joyce Rebeta –Burdett
- ALONE: In bad company
- AMATEUR: One who accepts cash rather than cheques
- AMBASSADOR: An honest man sent abroad to lie for the Commonwealth
Sir. Henry Wooton
- ANTS: Insects that attend picnics for a living.
Good citizens – they place group interests first
- APOLOGY: The only thing that will allow you to get the last word with a woman
- APPLAUSE: The custom of showing one’s pleasure at beautiful music by immediately following it with ugly noise
- ARMPITS: Parts of the body that lead lives of quiet perspiration
Credit: The Cynics Dictionary; London: Prion Books Limited; 2000