Wow! I cannot believe 2019 is half-way gone already. I would never have imagined it would move so swiftly. I recall reading a useful article on how I could meet my 2019 New Year’s Resolutions at the beginning of the year. You can read that article here.
Today is 1st July 2019, and observing how excited everyone is about the second half of the year makes me reflect on how far I have come and whether or not I have improved from where I was at the beginning of the year.
Wheew! I know you’ll admit it’s been an amazing year so far. At least we are alive to see this day, but back to my issue on resolutions and what time of the year we are now.
I have a question for you.
How many of your New Year’s resolutions have you brought to life so far? How many have you completed and how many are you currently working on or are yet to start?
Some of us even forget our resolutions half-way through the first month.
It may be tough, but realistically, your ability to meet your resolutions for the year rests in your own hands; It is up to you. Decisions taken, and decisions not taken, plans made and never executed (or plans not made at all) are all your choice to make.
Apparently, one major devil which prevents people from meeting their goals is procrastination. Setting goals is not the same as meeting goals and it is important to take a step (painful steps sometimes) to meet the goals we desire to reach.
Stick with me and let’s take a simple exercise. Here we go;
1. Pick up a pen and paper an write down all the things you planned to achieve this year.
2. Identify the number of goals you have started implementing, those you have completed and those you are yet to start (or probably had forgotten about before now).
3. Assess the relevance of all those goals and cancel out those that do not matter anymore.
4. Set out clear strategies and timelines on how you want to achieve the rest of the goals. Make sure you break them into actionable steps.
5. If that is done, keep the paper close to you or stick it to a wall or a mirror where you will always see it, and be reminded of the tasks you must perform.
You owe yourself your dreams and your future by taking small, steady and significant steps on your goals.
Make this happen and live your dreams.
0 responses on "How to Meet Your Resolutions When It's Mid-Year Already"