The Ministry of Education has said that contrary to rumours circulating in media circles, it has no plans of reopening schools come September for the resumption of academic activities. Therefore, the general public is to disregard reports to that effect.
“The ministry will like to state categorically that aside from final-year students who are in school, the public should disregard reports going round that all other students would go to school in September,” the Chief Director of the Ministry of Education (MoE), Mr Benjamin K. Gyasi, said in Accra last week.
Speaking at the National Inspectorate Board (NIB) School Establishment and Inspection Policy (SEaIP) Validation Workshop, Mr Gyasi said that the report was a rumour and not the position of the ministry, adding, “When we get to the bridge we will cross it but we are not there yet. Once we get there, there will be a presidential directive after which the ministry will make the arrangements. But it is not true that we are going to school in September 2020.”
Schools in the country were closed on March 16, this year, due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
However, final-year senior high and junior high school students were asked to go back to school to prepare for this year’s West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) and the Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE).
Second-year Gold Track students were also sent back to school to complete their first-semester academic work.
Schools are, therefore, encouraged to take advantage of e-learning platforms to continue learning and teaching until schools reopen. School administrators looking for reliable, user-friendly and affordable e-learning platforms can contact seekapor.com at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up their schools now.